Thursday, February 2, 2012

After the Homecoming

After the unit came home from Iraq, we enjoyed lots of family time, as the unit took "Block Leave."

Now that work is getting back into the swing of things, it is time for all of the "after deployment" activities. Today was the third of these particular ones. Awards.

Our troop marching in.

My husband was the first soldier today to receive his award from the Colonel.

He is SO serious. I was hoping I could get a glimmer of a crack of a smile. No such luck. My hubby is hard core!

I can not begin to express to you how proud I am of him.

Cavalry units are known for many things, to include the iconic Stetson. Even the lady soldiers rock them.

The Colonel is known for his boots.

At the end of the day, there were many handshakes and medals and certificates handed out. Kind of the frosting on the cake of the homecoming.

Oh...and I received one, too!