Monday, January 30, 2012

Military Monday- Meet Lacey!



This week's Military Spouse is Lacey!





What branch of the military are you associated with?
Marine Corps

How long have you been military?

My husband enlisted 23 days after we got married 3 years ago. When I was a kid my Dad was in the Navy stationed in Washington and my Step-Dad was in the Army so we lived in Louisiana.

Tell us a little about yourself:
I am a 23 year old small town Mid-Western girl trying to make the most of of living on the Southern California coast.

Tell us a little about your family:
My husband & I just celebrated the birth of our first son in December 2011.



What are your hobbies and interests?
I love cooking & crafting. Thanks to Pinterest I have a ton of new things to try on a regular basis.

What do you love to blog about?
My blog is a mix of everything. I post recipes, crafts, exercise tips & even some rants.

What is your favorite part of Military Life?
I love having no one else to truly depend on other than my husband. Sure we have friends, but being 2,000 miles away from everything that comforts you will either make or break you.

What is your least favorite part of Military Life?
Deployment!



What piece of advice would you give to a new military spouse?
Be flexible. It took me a long time to realize that my husband had no control over his schedule changing especially when he was a junior Marine.

Tell us one random, or unusual thing about yourself.
I don't cut my own toenails. My first choice of toenail cutter is my Mama, but since I don't see her often I pay a nail tech to do it. Whenever I'm home I do have my Mom cut them. I don't mind painting or even filing them, but hate cutting them.

Show this MilSpouse some support! Check out her blog:
"Everything's Better When We're Together"

***


Would you like to be interviewed for Military Mondays?



E-mail me at MrsMamaHen(at)gmail.com and I will send you the interview form, or if you would like to get a head start - you can go HERE ... copy the interview questions and go ahead and e-mail your responses to me at MrsMamaHen(at)gmail.com
Don't forget to include a few pictures! (JPG images are preferred.)

Thanks!