Thursday, January 5, 2012


Image source: Google Images

Well, it is 2012!

I don't usually make resolutions, but I am actually doing a couple this year.


I will be 40 years old this year. And I have discovered that living in Alaska, and being cooped up in the severe cold isn't very conducive to me staying in shape. I am used to being very active outside...hiking, geocaching, biking etc. But with the really short summer here, I'm spending most of the year inside. I'm not pleased with the resulting waistline it gives me. So...I'm commiting to the classic "I'm going to get in shape this year!" resolution.

I am!

And considering that I will be 40 years old this's now or never!

I'm even going to give Zumba a try. If I survive, I'll tell you how it goes.

Yes, I mean survive.

I am about as graceful and coordinated as an albatros. Have you ever seen an albatros land?


So that is what I have decided upon. I can't wait around any longer...and it is time! Thankfully I have a gym about 2 miles away. It will be my friend.

I'm also going to work on getting the rest of my recipes in printable format, and revamp all of the recipes that are needing pictorials and such.

Do you have any resolutions or goals for the year? Did you make one and already say forget it?