Thursday, December 15, 2011

Soppressata Puffs

Tonight I tried a recipe that I saw on Foodnetwork recently. All I call say is OH. EM. GEE!!!! Ridiculously simple, and insanely delicious!

Soppressata + Gruyere + Puff pastry. You'll die.

Gruyere takes on a beautiful flavor when you bake it. Match that with the Soppressata and the Puff pastry...with a slather of Dijon. Yes, it is simply heaven. Head over and visit Ms. Ina....aka Barefoot Contessa and make Soppressata and Cheese in Puff Pastry soon!

I mean, look at this!

You can not imagine the sound this makes when you cut through it with a knife. That light crunching sound is something else!

I actually made this for myself and daughter for dinner tonight. I made Cajun Red Beans & Rice, which my menfolk LOVE...but I am really not a "bean fan." I'm sorry southerners....Soup Beans, Pinto Beans....not my friend...but I'll cook them up a storm. I'll share this recipe tomorrow.