Monday, September 5, 2011

Military Monday Meet & Greet

This week's Military Spouse is "Semper Wifey!"

What branch of the military are you associated with?
My husband is a Marine!, which makes me a proud Marine wife! Oooo-rah! ;)

Tell us a little about yourself:
God blessed me with the most amazing, wonderful, and handsome husband! With a wedding, international honeymoon, and cross-country move in the span of mere days, I quickly learned the mantra of all good Marine wives: “Semper Gumby.” I am eagerly tagging alongside my Marine pilot, proud to have the role of “Marine Wife.” Hubby and I know that he has been called to this profession, that I have been called to be by his side, and that God is in control of everything…even the military! It is our faith and assurance that Jesus is Lord that keeps us going through it all! Semper Wifey is written to be an encouragement to those who read it. I pray that these stories can offer humor and joy to those also living the military lifestyle!

Tell us a little about your family:
My family definitely keeps life entertaining. I love the chaos! Hubby and I have a beautiful Baby, a Big Puppy, and a Little Puppy. I feel like the luckiest girl in the world.

What are your hobbies and interests?
I LOVE (a little too much) blogs, writing, reading, running, baking, traveling, and ANYTHING with my happy, amazing little family!

What do you love to blog about?
Semper Wifey is all about discovering the humor and joy in military spousedom. This can be a rough lifestyle, so I just try to make the best of it! I love to write about our stories and experiences in the military in the hopes of encouraging others to find joy in their own military life!

What is your favorite part of Military Life?
I LOVE exploring all the places the military has sent us. In the few years Hubby and I have been married, we have PCSed five times (with one more in just a month or so). We love to live like tourists in the places we are stationed. This has allowed us to see and experience SO much!

What is your least favorite part of Military Life?

I don't like being away from our extended family. It's hard to consistently miss family gatherings and special events due to our geographic distance and Hubby's sporadic schedule.

What piece of advice would you give to a new military spouse?
A dear friend and fellow Marine wife told me before I got married that I should be nice to everyone, but choose my friends very carefully. She was/is so wise!

Tell us one random, or unusual thing about yourself.
I mentioned above that I love to bake. What I didn't mention was that I love to bake so that I can eat the raw dough or batter. Eek! :)

Anything else you would like to share?
I have a new Etsy shop that everyone should check out! Just like my blog, I hope that my products can bring a smile to your face! :)

Stop by and show this MilSpouse some support!

Semper Wifey


Would you like to be interviewed for Military Mondays?

E-mail me at MrsMamaHen(at) and I will send you the interview form, or if you would like to get a head start - you can go HERE ... copy the interview questions and go ahead and e-mail your responses to me at MrsMamaHen(at)
Don't forget to include a few pictures! (JPG images are preferred.)