Monday, September 12, 2011

Aurora Must have Missed Us too!

Last night, the Aurora put on a beautiful show! It began before it was even all the way dark out!





The weather was clear and beautiful, and the show was promising to be good, so I jumped in the car and headed to a lookout north of town to check out what I could see.

I was very glad I did!










The northern lights reached all the way across the sky. My kids got a great look at how the lights actually shimmered and danced and moved in the sky. They were awe-struck.










The moon was out and very bright as well.



















Hey look! It's the Alaska State Flag!
























After some time, the lights began to fade, and we headed back home. I had no sooner said "goodnight" to the kids, and then finished uploading this round of pictures onto my computer....when I discovered that it was only the first act!