Monday, August 22, 2011

Military Monday Meet & Greet



This week's Military Spouse is Lisa!





What branch of the military are you associated with?
Army

How long have you been military?
Well, let's see. My husband has almost 20 years in, about half of that Active and half Reserve. I have only known the Reserve side, except for the deployment year!

Tell us a little about yourself:
I find my greatest joy in life in being a wife and mom. And eating dark chocolate. I am not a crafter, gardener, seamstress, or even that great of a cook, but I enjoy serving my family in other ways. I teach my kids at home, which does take up quite a bit of my time, but is so worth it. I am also a certified doula (labor and birth assistant) which I absolutely love doing!

Tell us a little about your family:
There are four of us. Hubby is an Army Chaplain and the crazy fun one of the parents. Oldest daughter just turned 13, and has truly found her niche in theater and dance. She sings constantly. Youngest daughter is a Black Belt in Tae kwon do, and yet she's our sensitive, compassionate one. We laugh about that. Our girls are vastly different in personality, which keeps us on our toes as parents!





What are your hobbies and interests?
I love to read! I also really enjoy blogging, and other writing. I have just recently taken up jogging, which is very challenging for me, but I'm finding that I love it! Of course, anything related to labor and birth immediately captures my attention. One of my favorite things to do is to curl up with my hubby and watch movies. Oh, and I'm also a football fanatic and have my own fantasy league every year.

What do you love to blog about?
My blog is fairly eclectic. I post about our family, home schooling, my faith, and anything that makes me think, hurt, be encouraged, or strikes my fancy.

What is your favorite part of Military Life?

Even though I've only known the Reserve side of Army life, I have met some wonderful people. I also have to mention that I love seeing my husband in a career that he is perfectly fitted for and enjoys so much.

What is your least favorite part of Military Life?

It might sound strange, but I think that being only in the Reserves has been my least favorite part. I say that because I feel out of the loop most of the time as far as what regular Army life is like. I don't know if I'm explaining that very well. I guess there's somewhat of a sense of isolation because we really don't have any other military families that are very close. People drive from all over to get to the Reserve weekends and trainings and no one really knows much about each other or the families. I think I would really enjoy the sense of community and camaraderie of a military community.



What piece of advice would you give to a new military spouse?
Ask questions of those wives who have been a part of military life for a while.

Tell us one random, or unusual thing about yourself.
Hmmm...I am probably the only person I know who really doesn't like summer but LOVES winter!

Anything else you would like to share?
I am very thankful for this online world where I get to meet some great people that I never would have had the chance to meet otherwise!


Stop by and show this MilSpouse some support!!!





***


Would you like to be interviewed for Military Mondays?



E-mail me at MrsMamaHen(at)gmail.com and I will send you the interview form, or if you would like to get a head start - you can go HERE ... copy the interview questions and go ahead and e-mail your responses to me at MrsMamaHen(at)gmail.com
Don't forget to include a few pictures! (JPG images are preferred.)

Thanks!