Monday, August 15, 2011

Military Monday Meet & Greet



This week's Military Spouse is Nina!




What branch of the military are you associated with? How long have you been military?
We are an Army family, and got married this July. We have been together for over a year though.



Tell us a little about yourself:
I am in my 30's and work in the technical field - have been working in international corporations already for over a decade. I was born in Finland but work, studies and zest for adventures have taken me all over the world from Alaska to Australia. I am now also working on another degree, majoring psychology, and looking forward to being a licensed psychologist working with the PTSD and TBI patients, or concentrating on trauma and crisis psychology.
I am also a professional photographer, and have been shooting for newspapers, magazines and photo agencies since 1995. I have been documenting bears in Alaska's McNeil river as well as photographing Tour de France... and quite a few other events, people and places.

Lastly, I am also quite a bit of a health nut - I am an avid crossfitter and triathlete, do personal training and triathlon coaching.

Tell us a little about your family:

Our family consists of me and my husband, and our furry kid, Tassu. He is a 5-year-old beagle. Absolutely the best dog in the world!



What are your hobbies and interests?
My hobbies are related to the sports and athletics - working out seven days a week makes a great hobby, doesn't it?! I love CrossFit, running, biking, yoga, skiing, snowboarding... and even playing golf. I also love mountaineering and have climbed quite a few biggest mountains in the US and Europe. We also enjoy traveling and seeing new places.

What do you love to blog about?
My blogging interests are related to our adventures, travels and healthy lifestyle - both physical and mental.



What is your favorite part of Military Life?
My favorite part is the feeling of one big family. I have made some great friends here and there, and been privileged to get to know some wonderful people. Also, I do like the constant change, moving to new duty stations...

What is your least favorite part of Military Life?

Here I should probably say deployments or long separations but I don't see them in a negative way but as a part of the job. So whatever comes, I do my best to look for the good things in every situation. That's how I am - my glass is always half full.
What piece of advice would you give to a new military spouse?
I'm a rather new spouse myself but with all the life experience I have, I'd say just take things as they come, and focus on the ones you can change, others - accept them and carry on.

Tell us one random, or unusual thing about yourself.
I speak fluently 6 languages, and a few words of a couple of others.




Stop by and show Nina some MilSpouse love at her blog: The K Family or her photography site: KominiakPhoto





***


Would you like to be interviewed for Military Mondays?



E-mail me at MrsMamaHen(at)gmail.com and I will send you the interview form, or if you would like to get a head start - you can go HERE ... copy the interview questions and go ahead and e-mail your responses to me at MrsMamaHen(at)gmail.com
Don't forget to include a few pictures! (JPG images are preferred.)

Thanks!