Monday, August 8, 2011

Military Monday Meet & Greet



This week's Military Spouse is Lauren!




What branch of the military are you associated with?

Army

How long have you been military?
My husband has been in for 5 years now.

Tell us a little about yourself:
I am currently a stay at home mom of two. I have so many dreams and plans that I just do not know what I want to do. My dreams are currently on hold so that I can focus on my children until they go off to school. I love to paint, read, and cook. I dabble in photography also. I believe in the motto, "Go big or go home." Give life your all, and you can never be disappointed.

Tell us a little about your family:

My husband and I have two children. Abby who is four, and Brady who is two. We are an active family. We love to explore every chance we get. We like small road trips. We usually set out with no destination, and end up in some really cool places. We love history and try to teach our children the value. We love to find Mom and Pop stores and restaurants and really take in the intimacy of it. Making memories is what we are best at.

What are your hobbies and interests?
I love to paint and write. I love to find old used books and read. I like blogging and meeting new people. Photography is something that I am trying to get better at.

What do you love to blog about?
I love to blog about general life, and the little things. I love to blog about the moments that matter. My kids, are of course the main reason I started blogging. I love reading blogs more than anything. I find it interesting to see how other people view life, and how they live it.

What is your favorite part of Military Life?
My favorite part would have to be the sense of a strong community. The pride you get just by being in the presence of the people around you. I believe military families are some of the strongest families, and it makes me proud to be among them.

What is your least favorite part of Military Life?
Like most, my least favorite part would be the deployments and the "hurry up and wait." I feel like we are always on borrowed time and have to make the most of it.

What piece of advice would you give to a new military spouse?
My advice to new military spouses would be to take it slow. Learn to breathe through the hard moments, and take note of the good ones. Never go to bed mad. Military life is a giant learning experience. You learn every day how to get through it. Most importantly, don't sweat the small stuff. It can be stressful at times, but always remember what you are trying to accomplish.

Tell us one random, or unusual thing about yourself.
I am afraid of dryer lint. Deathly afraid of it, lol. My husband has to clean it for me. I WILL NOT touch it.



Stop by and show Lauren some MilSpouse love at Chasing Memories!!!



***


Would you like to be interviewed for Military Mondays?



E-mail me at MrsMamaHen(at)gmail.com and I will send you the interview form, or if you would like to get a head start - you can go HERE ... copy the interview questions and go ahead and e-mail your responses to me at MrsMamaHen(at)gmail.com
Don't forget to include a few pictures! (JPG images are preferred.)

Thanks!