Monday, July 4, 2011

Lemon Cheesecake

This cheesecake is a refreshing treat on a summer day.


I did not do a complete step-by-step pictorial for this recipe, because it is made identical to my Key Lime Cheesecake, with a couple exceptions. You use lemon zest instead of lime zest, and you use 1/2 cup of Lemon Juice instead of the 3/4 cup of lime juice in the other. Otherwise it is the same, until you finish it.


After refrigerating this overnight, I have a special little topping to give the flavor an additional boost.

In a dish, you will combine 2 Tablespoons Lemon curd.


1 Tablespoon Lemon Liqueur


1 teaspoon lemon zest


and 2 Tablespoons warm water.


(I had to switch to a bigger dish because I was making a mess.)

Whisk it all together until it is smooth.


Then spoon it over the top of the cheesecake, spreading it around with the back of your spoon.


Mmmmmmm.


I took this one to an Independence Day cookout.

Enjoy!



Printable Version: Lemon Cheesecake