Monday, June 27, 2011

Military Monday Meet & Greet



This week's MilSpouse is........Megan






What branch of the military are you associated with?
Army

How long have you been military?
My husband has served for thirteen years, we have been married for the last four.

Tell us a little about yourself:
I never thought I would be an Army Wife but am so very proud to be one. I believe the spouses who love their soldier/airmen/marine/sailor are chosen for this life.

Tell us a little about your family:
We have two little boys (3 and 1) who are very much a pillar of strength for me in this journey. Their resiliency is unbelievable. I am so proud to be their momma.

What are your hobbies and interests?
I love to write but I didn’t get back into that until the past year when I started blogging. I LOVE to find thrift/consignment furniture that needs a little love and making it a part of our home.

What do you love to blog about?
I blog about the Army life – and basically only about that. I like to believe that my story can be the same as a thousand others and for the longest time didn’t give my name because of it. I like to offer a glimpse into this life for anyone who doesn’t know it and to encourage anyone who lives it.

What is your favorite part of Military Life?
The women. HA! That sounds funny. I am humbled by the strength of the women around me. I love to be involved and getting to know new spouses, to watch them embrace this life and keep moving forward. I takes a special-kind-of-woman to love such a special-kind-of-man. I love to learn from these special ladies.

What is your least favorite part of Military Life?
I think to say deployments is obvious so I will go with the constant changes, the nothing-is-really-going-to-happen-the-way-they-say-it-is-going-to-happen kind of side of it. I am a planner … enough said.

What piece of advice would you give to a new military spouse?
Write it pencil. ; )

(Isn't that the truth!? - MMH)


Tell us one random, or unusual thing about yourself.
I make cookies from scratch just to eat the cookie dough. It’s worth the work.


Stop by and show this MilSpouse some support!





***

Would you like to be interviewed for Military Mondays?



E-mail me at MrsMamaHen(at)gmail.com and I will send you the interview form, or if you would like to get a head start - you can go HERE ... copy the interview questions and go ahead and e-mail your responses to me at MrsMamaHen(at)gmail.com
Don't forget to include a few pictures! (JPG images are preferred.)

Thanks!