Monday, June 20, 2011

Military Monday Meet & Greet

This week's Military Spouse is....Amber!

What branch of the military are you associated with?


How long have you been military?
Hubby and I were dating when he made the decision to join. However we were not married or even dating when he did join. I have been an Army wife for 6 1/2 years and he has been in for a little over 8 years.

our family

Tell us a little about yourself:
I am grateful every day that I am a mother. I grew up in a fairly small town and feel my most comfortable living in them. Even though I am not from the south I love living in this region more than anywhere else I have been. I absolutely love animals and am currently studying to hopefully work as a veterinary assistant some day.

Tell us a little about your family:
Hubby and I met when I was 17 and we dated on and off for a while. He actually asked me to marry him 3 times before we finally got married. We have a wonderful 5 1/2 year old little boy. We have been trying to make him a big brother for a little over 4 years now. We also have over 30 animals (we live in the country).

What are your hobbies and interests?
I have always loved taking care of animals and they really have become a big part of my life over the last few years. I scrapbook in my free time and I also am a huge reader.

What do you love to blog about?
I started my blog as a way for me to vent about infertility. I conceived rather quickly the two times I have been pregnant and coming down this road was a major shock to me. I needed a way to let some feelings out so I turned to blogging. I gradually then started blogging about other things in my life. Now my blog is about infertility, being an army wife and mommy, and taking care of our animals.

What is your favorite part of Military Life?
One thing that will always be a HUGE benefit to my family is health care. Our son underwent open heart surgery when he was 19 months old and not having to worry about how we were going to pay for it has been a huge blessing. I also love the opportunity to travel and see new places.
3 days after OHS (best mother's day ever)

What is your least favorite part of Military Life?

Separations. Even when he isn't deployed there are times when he cant be around. We have been married for 6 years and have only spent 2 anniversaries together and he has only been deployed twice. Its also so hard to watch your child go through the emotions of missing a parent.

saying goodbye

What piece of advice would you give to a new military spouse?
Try not to do everything on your own. There are going to be good days and bad days. One thing that is really helpful is to know that you truly are not alone.

Tell us one random, or unusual thing about yourself.
When I was younger I had to have emergency micro surgery on my pinky on my right hand. I was raising a window that had to be propped open with a stick and I somehow pushed my hand through the window. I sliced my pinky right where it meets the hand pretty bad. With the way that the repair was done (I almost sliced through my nerve) the outside of my right pinky is now very sensitive to touch and hurts like heck when it gets cold.

Stop on by and show Amber some Military Spouse Support at her blog Sisterly Thoughts!!!


Would you like to be interviewed for Military Mondays?

E-mail me at MrsMamaHen(at) and I will send you the interview form, or if you would like to get a head start - you can go HERE ... copy the interview questions and go ahead and e-mail your responses to me at MrsMamaHen(at)
Don't forget to include a few pictures! (JPG images are preferred.)