Monday, June 6, 2011

Military Monday Meet & Greet



This week's Military Spouse is JayLee!

JayLee2


What branch of the military are you associated with?
Army

How long have you been military?

My whole life, but as a significant other, 3 months.

Tell me a little about yourself:
I'm just a girl, learning what it means to be an Army spouse. I moved to Texas planning to join the military myself, but ended up falling in love with a soldier who is preparing to deploy. I work full time, and when I'm not working, I'm blogging or tweeting to help other military spouses, or volunteering for the FRG (when work doesn't get in the way).

Tell us a little about your family:
My whole family is military, and that includes my fiance who's been a soldier for 8 years.

JayLee3a

What are your hobbies and interests?
Horseback riding, writing, hiking, trying new recipes with my soldier, and going on adventures in general with Eric. :)

What do you love to blog about?
Learning what it's like to be a military spouse, and the day by day joys and hardships of this wonderful, scary new life.

What is your favorite part of Military Life?

It's one big adventure!

What is your least favorite part of Military Life?
The long hours, and soon to be the deployment, that pull us apart and only allows us to spend time together on the weekend.

JayLee
What piece of advice would you give to a new military spouse?
Take it a day at a time. Remember that you have to be strong, not just for him, but for yourself as well. It's not an easy life, and you have to have a backbone to live it, but in the end it's totally worth it! Take time to do something nice for you, and remember that if he were around, he'd be doing something nice for you :)

Tell us one random, or unusual thing about yourself.
I lived in Israel for four years, and graduated highschool there, but not because of the military! My mom, little brother, and I moved there when I was fourteen after my mom converted to Judaism.


Stop by and show a MilSpouse some love!

* Supporting My Army Boy *
JayLee1

***

Would you like to be interviewed for Military Mondays?



E-mail me at MrsMamaHen(at)gmail.com and I will send you the interview form, or if you would like to get a head start - you can go HERE ... copy the interview questions and go ahead and e-mail your responses to me at MrsMamaHen(at)gmail.com
Don't forget to include a few pictures! (JPG images are preferred.)

Thanks!