Monday, May 2, 2011

A Storm of Emotions

After yesterday's news, I have had many thoughts and emotions running through my mind.

I am very torn. With my husband being deployed to the middle east, the news of this long-coming event brought me an immediate sense of unease.

I want to be excited. I can understand the joy and celebration....we got him at last! But deep down, all I can really feel is, "Now what?" I would love for this to mean my husband was coming home tomorrow, but I know it doesn't. I would love for this to mean that we were safe from people who would destroy us, but we aren't. Here in the US, we don't see this as a religious war, but those hardcore Muslim extremists, do. This is a religious war to them. And how do you fight what someone believes with every fiber of their being? Now we have to think about things like retaliation, and other "wanna-be's" vying for top dog position...and how will they prove their worth?

I'm not begrudging anyone their joy. I can certainly appreciate the outbreaks of celebration like THIS ONE. But everyone has their own way of reacting to news of this magnitude.

I will continue to pray for our nation, our leaders, and the souls who are in danger every day on our behalf.

”I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars.”
- Martin Luther King, Jr.