Monday, May 30, 2011

Military Monday Meet & Greet

This week's Military Spouse is Katrina!


What branch of the military are you associated with?
United States Army - JAG Corps

How long have you been military?
I've been an Army wife for just over two years.

Tell me a little about yourself:
I'm a wife and a stay at home mom living out my dream; it's what I've always wanted to do and be. Some days I think I'm crazy for wanting to stay home with my two little ones (especially with my little diva being an absolute teething terror) but I have never regretted it. I tend to be opinionated and strong willed but I never intentionally offend and have learned the value in admitting when I am wrong.

Tell us a little about your family:
We are a family of four - A soldier and his wife with our little diva and our little monkey (sometimes referred to as babies! lol). We are a close knit Christian family who are doing our best to be good spouses and good parents.
Katrina's babies

What are your hobbies and interests?
Hiking and spending time in the great outdoors. Reading books. Anything that includes family time - whether thats a drive around town or a shopping trip or just a walk to the playground.

What do you love to blog about?
I love to blog about life in a mom, as a wife, as a military spouse, as a person!

What is your favorite part of Military Life?
The job security! My husband is both a likeable person and a hard worker his chain of command has come to appreciate and reward him for that which has made our life so much easier.

What is your least favorite part of Military Life?
Two things that are kind of connected. The uncertainty of everything (When are we going to PCS? Where will it be? Will the CO's be good to work with or difficult?) and the Deployments. We are getting ready to go through our first deployment and I am SO not looking forward to it!

What piece of advice would you give to a new military spouse?
Get involved in your local military community. You can meet some wonderful people that way who will make your life so much easier. Try to avoid the negative ones and the ones that will pull you down. But remember that there are some wonderful, sweet, helpful military wives who can be a real life saver when you need them!

Tell us one random, or unusual thing about yourself.
I used to not be a big sweets eater...then I got pregnant with my son. Now I'm a choco-holic. Good news is, it hasn't affected my weight hardly at all (I have VERY high metabolism).

Stop by and show a MilSpouse some love!

* The Hix in the Stix ~ Army Edition *


Would you like to be interviewed for Military Mondays?

E-mail me at MrsMamaHen(at) and I will send you the interview form, or if you would like to get a head start - you can go HERE ... copy the interview questions and go ahead and e-mail your responses to me at MrsMamaHen(at)
Don't forget to include a few pictures! (JPG images are preferred.)