Monday, May 16, 2011

Military Monday Meet & Greet



This week's Military Spouse is Athena!

Mama2six


What branch of the military are you associated with?
Army National Guard

How long have you been military?
Hubby became a Soldier in 2003 - I refer to it as his mid-life crisis... My dad was Airforce and while he got out right before I was born, that is how I ended up in Montana. He was stationed at Malmstrom and loved it.

Tell me a little about yourself:
I am a child of God, wife, mom, daughter and writer (just to name a few). I love to read - my kindle is always with me. I love music -but my friends think I am weird because it is John McDermott, Anthony Kearns and Harry Connick Jr. Just a bit eclectic. I am obsessed with History (especially Irish & Scottish). I volunteer as a Field Leader for MOPS International (www.MOPS.org) and have for 9 years. I enjoy working and writing for them and it means I get to travel a couple of times a year and work with amazing people. I enjoy writing and have had a few things published (Mom You Make it All Better - book, MomSense Magazine, Army Wife Network, Faith Deployed). I hope to do more in the future.

Tell us a little about your family:
The Soldier and I have been married for almost 19 years. We have six wonderful children: ages 18, 15, 13, 11, 9 & 3. We have homeschooled since the beginning (although the oldest 2 are at a private school this year - part time for the 15yo). We have traveled all over the country with the Soldier's civilian job and especially love New Orleans. I hope we get to go back that way someday.

What are your hobbies and interests?
Reading, writing, music, facebook, sleeping in ...

What do you love to blog about?
I started as a place to vent about this long deployment, but soon found that I could share kindle books (free) and do book reviews. I am kind of all over the place :)

photo(1)


What is your favorite part of Military Life?
The community I have found (mostly through the internet) of other MilSpouses. It is great to be connected and to support each other.

What is your least favorite part of Military Life?
Deployment!

What piece of advice would you give to a new military spouse?

Stay away from the drama and negative people! Life is too short to deal with that. Oh, and shop the commissary (with coupons) :)

Tell us one random, or unusual thing about yourself.
I can't think of anything... Maybe the fact that I love Starbucks but hate coffee!

Find out More about Athena and show this MilSpouse some support!

Our Crazy Life




Would you like to be interviewed for Military Mondays?



E-mail me at MrsMamaHen(at)gmail.com and I will send you the interview form, or if you would like to get a head start - you can go HERE ... copy the interview questions and go ahead and e-mail your responses to me at MrsMamaHen(at)gmail.com
Don't forget to include a few pictures! (JPG images are preferred.)

Thanks!

***

Have a MilSpouse blog? Enter the linky, and visit some Military Spouses today!