Monday, May 9, 2011

Military Monday Meet & Greet

This week's Military Spouse is Amber!

What branch of the military are you associated with?

How long have you been military?
Hubby's been in 7 years, I've known him since but we've only been together since 06. So 5 years.

Tell me a little about yourself:
Well, I'm obviously an army wife. I'm a stay at home mom and it's by far the best blessing I've been given. We are currently stationed in Alaska. I have a few tattoos and piercings. I love to blog and read and play with my babies.

Tell us a little about your family:
Together hubby and I have two kids and we are expecting our third around December. YAY! Our son is almost four and our daughter is almost three. They are crazy but amazing.

What are your hobbies and interests?
Window shopping, thrifting, blogging, reading, cooking and part time crafting.

What do you love to blog about?
I blog about anything that strikes my fancy. Usually my posts are overloaded with random pictures and a few funny stories, sometimes they are more serious. Oh and I do a Featured Friday post where I feature some of my favorite bloggers for all of my followers to meet.

What is your favorite part of Military Life?
Probably getting to move every few years. Honestly! I mean, we get to travel around, meet new people daily, it's pretty amazing.

What is your least favorite part of Military Life?
Deployments. Field time, long hours and the "sit around and wait" game.


What piece of advice would you give to a new military spouse?
Take it one day at a time. Try to make friends, you never know which will become lifelong friends or which will just be what you need at exactly that time in your life.
Always expect the unexpected. If you're told a certain date about moving or deployments or field time, don't count exactly on that day. Everything is always subject to change. Just try to be patient and happy. Enjoy the time you have together.

Tell us one random, or unusual thing about yourself.

Hmm, I love normal lays potato chips with hot sauce on them. TRY IT!! It's amazing!

Stop by and show this MilSpouse some support!


Congratulations Amber on your soon-coming addition!

I have to thank Amber for the phrase "Meet & Greet" as well. That is a term I use all the time for geocaching events, but it perfectly describes these Military Mondays.

Would you like to be interviewed for Military Mondays?
E-mail me at MrsMamaHen(at) and I will send you the interview form, or if you would like to get a head start - you can go HERE ... copy the interview questions and go ahead and e-mail your responses to me at MrsMamaHen(at)
Don't forget to include a few pictures! (JPG images are preferred.)