Monday, January 10, 2011

Website Updates

I have made a couple changes to my website.

First, as you can see, I changed the appearance.

I think it is easier to see the content when it has a cleaner layout.

Secondly, I have been having some trouble with "spam" in the comments...getting some really yucky things posted.

So - I added the "Disqus" comment platform to my blog. This still allows anyone to post comments, with or without a blogger/google account, but requires an e-mail address. No more "anonymous" posts, so maybe that will reduce the frequency of that happening.

The neat thing about Disqus, is it also allows for replies and discussion within the comment section, which is great for when I have people asking questions about recipes and things like that, or even when visitors have conversations with other visitors within the comments.

So the changes are not major, but I hope they are for the better.

Happy Monday!

Oh - P.S. - all previous comments are still on the pages, even though the "Comments #" at the bottom of the post may say "0" That is the new count for the Disqus platform. If you go to the post page, (click on the title of the post) you will see all the comments/questions/answers are still there.