Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Year in Review - Part 1

The year of 2010 was a very exciting year for our family. I'm going to go through and do a month-by-month replay......


We went on some local field trips to some beautiful places...

We visited a 1700's church out in the country.

Rhodes Pond

And an historical cemetery

We also received word that we would be PCSing for the first time in 12 years. Doing a military move to a dream location.....ALASKA!


In February, we enjoyed not one, but two North Carolina snow storms! We decided God was getting us ready for our new home.

And we took another spur-of-the-moment field trip, to shoo away the hum-drums.


In March, we finished up our school year, and I worked on a very special project.


On April first, I played a very mean and wonderful trick on my children for April Fool's Day.

Daddy came home from Afghanistan.

and I found my 1000th Geocache while on a trip to Tennessee.

Jennifer & Joshua went to the prom.


In May Jennifer's choir performed their Spring Concert.

The boys finished their last season of the Homeschool Football League with a brutal Father-Son Game.

And Jeff and I went to our first Military Ball
in 19 years of army life.


In June we went and picked up our camper. This was going to be our home as we traveled across the country later in the year.

And we enjoyed many things produced by our garden.


We took Daddy to Raven Rock park (which had been another spur-of-the-moment field trip back in March.)

I ripped apart my beautiful garden.

We watched everything we owned get packed up into crates and hauled away.

And finally, we began the painful process of saying goodbye to all of our loved ones in North Carolina.

Another chapter in our lives was about to begin...

The Year in Review....Part 2.