Sunday, October 3, 2010

"The Picture"

Several years ago, I went through a little stint of hair-coloring.

I had highlighted my hair, and didn't like the results, so I went and bought a bottle of hair coloring that ON THE BOX, looked just like my normal color. SO I bought the box, and took it home and put it on.

My husband had run an errand with a friend while I was busy "dying my hair back."

Well, I had my head over the tub, and as I was rinsing out the dye, I was becoming more and more and more mortified over what I was seeing.

I stood up, and proceeded to dry my hair.

The drier it got, the worse it was.

Just as I finished, my husband came home. I slammed the bathroom door shut.

He stood outside the door, and asked me what was going on. I told him through the door, "I colored my hair. It didn't turn out the way it was supposed to."

He asked me what I meant.

I cracked the door and showed him the box. I said, "This is what it was supposed to look like. But it doesn't."

"Okaaaaay," he says.

I THROW open the door, and he jumps back about 4 feet and hollers, "WOAH!!"

Are you ready?

A moment later, he stepped towards me, gave me a sneaky grin, and said, "That's kind of sexy."

SEXY!?!?!?!?! Maybe if I was 18 years old!!!!!


This photo was taken with my very first, free digital it is a horrible picture, and really, it was even worse than it looks.

Later that day, I had to make a run to the grocery store, because I was in the middle of baking a carrot cake when I realized I had no nutmeg.

You ever been at the store, and while standing in line, see someone who was dressed crazily, or somehow your eyes couldn't believe what you were seeing, so you look "AROUND" pretending to be looking "AROUND" but really you are trying to not STARE at the freak of nature?

That was me. I was getting the "I'm just looking around and not really staring at your little mermaid hair" looks.

I was cured of hair coloring.