Sunday, October 17, 2010

I Have Been Tagged

Laura O at Day By Day in Our World has tagged me in one of her blog posts.


* * *


Do you do anything that one of your parents did during your youth and what is it?
This is hard. I mean, I cook, my mom cooks. I keep the house clean, my mom keeps the house clean. But my mother and I are very different in how we do things.

Any addictions in your life or ones that you've overcome?
The only thing I can think of, is the removal of junky processed foods from our diet. Now that we don't eat them, on the rare occassion we consume them, we find them disgusting.

Do you have a 'must see' TV program (or more) in your house?
My favorite shows are Castle and The Closer for entertainment, and then Fox & Friends and Glen Beck. I DVR all of them.

Where do you get your news fix? Newspaper? TV? Internet??
All three.

Are there any locations you want to visit?
The two places that I always wanted to see, were Germany and Alaska. I have now lived in both places. If I had to pick another place I would like to see, maybe Ireland and Italy.

How many places have you lived?
Oh boy. Going all the way back, to places I can't remember, for any length of time...

Heidelberg, West Germany
San Antonio, Texas
Beloit, Wisconsin (this is where I grew up)
Fort Dix, New Jersey
Fort Gordon, Georgia
Newport News, Virginia
Fort Eustis, Virginia
Nolanville, Texas
Fall Branch, Tennessee
Copperas Cove, Texas
Schweinfurt, Germany
Bad Kissingen, Germany
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Spring Lake, North Carolina
Raeford, North Carolina
Fort Bragg, North Carolina
Raeford, North Carolina (again)
Wade, North Carolina
Sanford, North Carolina
Cameron, North Carolina
and now Fairbanks, Alaska

What is your favorite holiday?

Thanksgiving. It is a day of family and good food, and thankfulness to God for all His blessings, without the hype of the materialism, and beliefs that I personally don't consider "christian" (but that is a whole other issue.)

Do you have a room set aside for homeschooling?
Unfortunately in the house that we just moved to, we do not. We did in the last three houses, and that was wonderful! I hope that when we buy a place, that we have that again.

Now, I'm not going to tag anyone, simply because I always feel like I'm imposing upon someone else with that. But if you want to continue this on your own blog, feel free! Post a link in the comments section so others can come along :-)