Sunday, October 3, 2010

Down to the River

Yesterday we took a few minutes to go down to the river. The weather was very overcast, and a little dreary, but Jeff wanted to try out his new fly rod.


We weren't the only ones who had the idea to enjoy the water though.


This is the same river that looked like this a few days ago.


With winter coming sooner that we can prepare for, when we have good temperatures, we all go out to enjoy it. Even the feathered neighbors.




With the sun beginning to duck behind the trees, and the overcast sky, I couldn't resist snapping a couple of these.




I have to be honest, I'm having a moment here. As I type out this post, and see these images of God's creation, and the lighting in these two photos, I am listening to my new Third Day cd...and the song "You just call my Name" is playing.


God is so great, and merciful and worthy of all our praise.


The very trees would cry out if we don't.