Friday, September 24, 2010

Mil-Spouse Fill-In Friday

1. What characteristic about yourself has either been strengthened or weakened due to your experience as a Military Spouse?

Well, I have always been a fairly independent person. Being an army wife, we have to be pretty self-sufficient. If a faucet starts dripping, I don't panic. I get out the home-repair book, and fix it. If a landlord turns psycho and wants to take advantage...I walk my happy hiney to JAG and fix that too! Military wives can't be whiney and weak and fall apart just because our husbands have to do their jobs. It is up to hold down the fort until they return.

2. What is your favorite vacation spot and why?

Any place with my family out in nature and away from it all. I love the simplicity of it.

3. If you could have any fast-food restaurant in the food court on base/post what would you pick?

Umm...I am really not a fan of fast food. I honestly can't think of anything.

4. Where did you go on your honeymoon?

We didn't. We were on a weekend pass from Advanced Individual Training, and we went right back to school the next day.

5. If you could have any job in the world regardless of money, degree or experience, which job would you have and why?

Right now, I have the job I want. I'm a a SAHM - homeschooling our children. But some day, when this chapter is done, I could imagine being a Biologist, or an Artist, or even a Baker. I'm varied in my passions :-)