3 c rye flour
3 c bread flour
4 1/2 tsp yeast
2 c warm water
2 Tb olive oil
1/2 c dark molasses
1 Tb salt
2 Tb caraway seeds
1. Mix all ingredients in a stand mixer with dough hook. Allow to mix for 14 minutes. Remove to a large, oiled bowl, turning to coat. Cover and let rise about 1 hour.
2. Remove dough to a floured surface, and divide in half. Form two oblong loaves, and place onto a lightly greased baking sheet, or stone.
3. Cover and let rise for about 1 hour.
4. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
5. Beat an egg white in a small bowl. With a very sharp knife, slash 3-4 times across top of loaf. Brush with egg white.
6. Bake 30-35 minutes, or until loaf sounds hollow when tapped.
7. Removed to a cooling rack.
Printable Version: Pumpernickel Bread