Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Scallops L'Orange


Scallops L'Orange


I don't have a photo for this, but I made it the other day and it is wonderful....I'll add a photo the next time I make it. (If I remember)



Scallops L'Orange



2 lb scallops

salt & pepper

2 Tb olive oil

3 Tb butter

1 orange, zested (will be about 2 Tb zest)

4 scallions, sliced

2/3 c. cooking white wine



1. In a dish, lightly salt & pepper scallops.

2. Heat oil in a skillet.

3. Cook scallops on medium high heat, until lightly browned.  Remove from pan and place in a bowl, and cover to keep warm.

4. Wipe out skillet, and then melt butter.

5. Add scallions and all but 1 tsp of orange zest. Saute about 2 minutes and add wine.

6. Simmer, stirring gently until slightly reduced.

7. Add scallops back to pan, gently stir until all is nice and hot again.

8. Transfer all to a serving bowl and top with reserved orange zest.



Serve and enjoy.  This is very light and only takes about 10 minutes to make!