These are a yummy and easy treat to make. They are a new favorite around here. I made them for my holiday baking, and they swiftly vanished from the kitchen!
1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 c (1 stick) unsalted butter (room temperature)
3/4 c packed brown sugar
1/4 c sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1/3 c chopped pecans
1 heath bar, chopped (or other toffee bar, or 1/2 c "heath bits")
- Grease a 9x13 baking pan, set aside; preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugars, beat until fluffy. Beat iin vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time.
- Beat in flour mixture.
- Fold in nuts and toffee bits.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.